Counselling conversations give people the opportunity to share their stories of loss, vulnerability, hope and courage.
Through my experience I have learned that when people share their stories, possibilities arise, allowing clients to strengthen, rebuild and re-create meaningful connection, hope and safety in their lives.
As a Social Worker I am committed to:
- Listening – Focusing on the client’s story, allowing the client to share what is important and essential to them.
- Respect and warmth – Valuing client’s strengths, potential and achievements while acknowledging the pain and struggle problems can present.
- Collaboration and Teamwork – Working together to find ways to move forward.
- Hope – Supporting clients to tap into those things they value, allowing them to hold on to hope and meaning.
- Finding solutions that are client driven and are useful in everyday life.